Welcome to Salford Home Search
Salford Council's Allocations Policy will shortly be changing following changes to legislation and local demand.
Here are the main changes from 1st March 2016:
- You have to be resident in Salford for a minimum of 2 years.
- You must not have household income or savings/Equity of over £50,000
- You application will be cancelled if you refuse one offer and you cannot re-apply for 12 months.
- You application will be cancelled if you do not place any suitable bids within 12 months.
- Band D will be for Social tenants only and all other applicants in this band will be removed from the register.
- Band N applicants will be removed from the register.
- Landlords will have the flexibility to allocate high rise accommodation to families, child at height credits will be removed from all applicants.
- Any applicant found to have deliberately worsened their circumstances will be suspended.
- Statutory homeless applicants can have the duty discharged within the private rented sector.
- Additional credits will be awarded to applicants ready to move on from approved supported accommodation.
- Additional credits will be awarded to approved foster carer's who are approved by any Greater Manchester Local Authority.
Salford Home Search is an innovative way of letting properties. This scheme gives you more choice when looking for your
new home in Salford. It allows you to register, express your interest in properties and make most amendments to your application.
Brought to you by Salford City Council, Salford Home Search aims to give new and current tenants greater choice.
You can currently search for homes available to rent in Salford from the following organisations via Salford Home Search:
Homes are advertised weekly, with new properties being added every Wednesday. You can search online or find out
availability from the Salford Home Search shop.
You will need to register to be able to express an interest in a property, to find out more about the process
visit our frequently asked questions page.
If you are an advocate or professional acting on behalf of a member of Salford Home Search, for example,
wanting to assist someone in expressing interest in a property, please visit our Advice for Professionals page.
Additional properties may be available in Salford and Greater Manchester at www.pinpoint.org.uk.
Pinpoint is a partnership between all Greater Manchester authorities and 13 housing associations.
We are interested to hear from people about their opinions about our service. You can complete a brief survey here Have your say about housing in Salford.
For any further enquiries please contact us.